Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let's Get Crafty With Lynette!

Today's featured artisan is Lynette Fast...
I used to string beads from ice cube trays filled to the rim with beads and I punched holes in my Barbie doll’s ears so they could wear the jewelry I made for them. I used to fly kites and go sledding in fields filled with snakes and cow pies. My teachers used to tell me to be a teacher. I used to live in rural Iowa and walk beans, play sports, lifeguard, teach swimming lessons, babysit, wait tables, make art, and arrange flowers to keep myself busy. I used to get my inspiration to work as an artist from my art teacher and at NWMSU. And now in Lincoln, I used to teach elementary and middle school art, but now teach high school pottery, jewelry, sculpture, and digital art.

I still love beads, color, flowers, teaching, and creating. I cannot seem to finish a master’s degree because I don’t know which place to start. I am a life long learner. I love to attend events where I can be around artists all the time. My days are awesome because I get to ignite how to be an artist in others. I still like to play in water, grow flowers, work and look at the land, be served food, watch my kids play sports, and create.

The room where I do most my creating is really full of stuff. I can dig through supplies, finger through my sketchbook, daydream out my window, or just play around and come up with ideas. Mostly I like the torch right now. I’m having a blast introducing it to my students. You know, they are pretty inspiring too. I just never quite know where my ideas will come from. Stones, fossils, textures, colors; something different is usually what inspires me.

Ok, some feedback. Yes, that’s what I need. I’m trying to make this business into my retirement venue. Early retirement is coming in about ….8 years?....that’s my goal right now.

Do you LUV HANDMADE? How about a FREE GIVEAWAY!
I’d like to give away three of my fun magnets to someone that leaves me a comment about an item in my Etsy shop. I’ll draw a name from all the people that leave a comment on my posts on March 21st.

To be eligible to win: Go to LynetteFast.etsy.com, look around, and then go to any of my online sources listed below and leave a comment. In your comment tell me what your favorite item was, give me a suggestion to help me with my shop or technique, or ask me a question. That's it! I'll draw one winner from all the comment entries at all my sites on Sunday, March 22nd and send you the gift.
Leave your comments at one of these sources:
We Love Etsy: etsylove.ning.com/profile/LynetteFast
Blogspot: lynettefast.blogspot.com/
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/lynettefast/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Lynette-Fast/1195929350
Fine Art America: fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynette-fast.html

No comments: